Ram heads the Advisory practice of KPMG in Bahrain and Qatar and was a member of KPMG’s Global M&A Executive Committee. He has over thirty years of experience in the Middle East having led and managed several cross-border engagements in due diligence, valuations, IPO’s, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic partner search in the Middle East.
Ram has undertaken numerous engagements serving clients in Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman and the UAE and several targets in the Levant region across including education, healthcare, building materials, banking, insurance, manufacturing, real estate, transportation, and the telecommunications sectors.
Ram has been the engagement partner on a number of related transactions including:
- M&A Advisory
- Led and managed a number of buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions across diverse sectors including education, healthcare, banking, insurance, real estate, hospitality and food & beverages
- Debt Funding Advisory
- Advised a leading business group in the region for raising USD 100 mn debt funding from a host of regional banks. Also advised a prominent PE firm based in the region to raise USD 250 mn for its greenfield industrial project
- Advised, structured and arranged structured debt on a club deal basis for The Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) in setting up a Private Medical College in Bahrain
- Led the consortium that advised the Bahrain Government on the privatization of Bahrain Ports (Mina Salam and Khalifa bin Salman Port)
- Advised the Ministry of Works and the Government Transport Department, Bahrain in developing a commercial and regulatory framework to privatize the operations of the public car parking system.
- Led the consortium in advising the Bahrain Government in evaluating the bidders, reviewing the bids, selecting the preferred bidder and negotiating the terms of the consortium agreement and appointing the winning bidder.
- Led the KPMG Bahrain team that advised the Government of Bahrain (Civil Aviation Affairs) in developing various options in relation to the potential restructuring of Gulf Air
- Led a team of Consultants and CF members in advising the Ministry of Health, Government of Bahrain, with respect to the strategic options for privatization of catering and laundry services.