A highlight of the annual MEIF conference is the awarding of honours to the “The Best Insurance Company in the MENA Region”. The Award has been created to recognise outstanding achievements and contributions to the regional insurance market in terms of innovation, service quality, product offering and/or those that have delivered strong financial performance and progress over the past year.
Submission are open to all insurance players servicing the GCC, MENA and Levant regions and with minimum banking assets of USD15 million. Key criteria on which the winner will be selected include:
- Premium Growth: Year on Year change in the gross written premiums from the year 2015 to 2016.
- Investment Ratio: Investment Income divided by Earned Premiums
- Operating Ratio : Combined Ratio minus investment Ratio
- Demonstrated sustainable growth
- Market share
- Sound business model and strategy
- Number and creativity of distribution channels
- Range and quality of products and services
- Product innovation
- IT innovation
- Technical expertise
- Presence in other jurisdictions
Past winners of the award have included: bnl, Saudi National Insurance Company, AXA Insurance (Gulf) and Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company, among other regional leaders.
For those wishing to nominate their organisations, submissions are now open until 5 February 2017.
Guidelines for your nomination:
- Full details of the Company and above criteria must be included in submission materials. Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
- The MEIF Awards Committee will evaluate and rate each nomination based on the supporting documentation presented.
- The deadline for the submission of entries is 5 February 2017 – 15:00 (GMT +3)
- Nominating materials should be submitted to FinMark Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted nominees will be informed in advance with the winner announced during the 13th Annual Middle East Insurance Forum (MEIF 2017) being held at The Gulf Hotel, Kingdom of Bahrain.